Legalization of documents issued by official bodies of Ukraine is conducted by:
- MFA Directorate General for consular service;
- MFA Representations in Ukraine Regions;
- Diplomatic Missions of Ukraine.
An apostille is a certification provided under the Hague Convention of 1961 for authenticating documents for use in foreign countries. The sole function is to certify the authenticity of the signature of the document.
An apostille for the documents issued in Ukraine is conducted by:
- The Ministry of Education and Science, Youth, and Sport of Ukraine – for public documents issued by the educational institutions, state bodies, enterprises, offices and organizations in the field of education and science.
- The Ministry of Justice of Ukraine – for documents issued by the judicial bodies and courts and also for the documents issued by the public notaries in Ukraine.
- The State Register Service of Ukraine – for documents issued by this Service and its structural divisions of regional bodies of the Ministry of Justice which provides the realization of State Register Service powers.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine – for all other types of documents.
The service is provided by the Organizational Development and Communication Dept.
Phone: +38 (0432) 52-07-12